Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Soundtrack of My Life

This post was inspired by Lee over at From My Side Of The Moon (excellent blog! Please go check it out!)

She gave her readers an assignment that the music lover in me just could not wait to do!

These are the rules: Grab a pen and paper and write down #’s 1 through 18. Open your iTunes to “Music” so your entire library is displayed. Click the Shuffle button. Click Play. Now WITHOUT SKIPPING ANY SONGS, write down the first 18 that play.

This is how mine turned out:

Song #1: Opening Credits: "Obsession" - Sky Ferreira
From the TVD soundtrack. Could not be more appropriate.

Song #2: Waking Up: "A White Demon Love Song" - The Killers
I swear not all of these songs are vampire related.

Song #3: 1st Day of School: "No Parade" - Jordin Sparks
Nope. No parade for me. Though I'm told another girl got one. Bitch.

Song #4: Falling In Love: "Heaven's a Lie" - Lacuna Coil
Best lyric: "Set me free, your heaven's a lie." First love? This about sums it up.

Song #5: Fight Song: "God's Gonna Cut You Down" - Johnny Cash
This is from me to him right? Good. Perfect.

Song #6: Breaking Up: "The Cabin" - Nathan Barr
This is from the "True Blood" Score. Don't remember when in the show it plays. Sounds haunting enough.

Song #7: Prom: "Everything in it's Right Place" - Radiohead
The lyrics say one thing. The melody says another. That's about right.

Song #8: Life: "Weak" - SWV
Awesome jam. Great on road trips with other girls. That's about all the sense it makes.

Song #9: Mental Breakdown: "Mindless" - Songs From the Cool World
No idea who the actual artist is. LOVE early 90s techno. And the title is perfect!

Song #10: Driving: "Unnatural Selection" - Muse
This song doesn't make any sense here but I do love jamming to Muse in the car.

Song #11: Flashback: "You Got Me All Wrong" - Dios Malos
This song is REALLY depressing. From the dark times of The O.C. when Ryan is back in Chino. I hope when I flashback it's not THAT bad!

Song #12: Getting Back Together: "One Love" - Bob Marley
Awwww!!!!!!!

Song #13: Wedding: "Your Song" - Ewen McGregor from Moulin Rouge
Ok this is just really CREEPY! Only because it actually was my wedding song in September. Yikes!

Song #14: Birth of Child: "Crash Landing" - David Newmann
This is from the "Serenity" Score. Does not sound promising.

Song #15: Final Battle: "Wolf Like Me" - TV On The Radio
Does this mean I get killed by a werewolf?

Song #16: Death Scene: "Ready To Go" - Republica
Not sure this is what the song writers had in mind but I like going down on my terms. Sure.

Song #17: Funeral Scene: "Until I Fall Away" - Gin Blossoms
Oh man. This song is gonna make my sister cry really hard at my funeral. Someone get her tissues please.

Song #18: End credits: "Me & The Devil Blues" - Cowboy Junkies
It's a cover but it's amazing. "You may bury my body, ooh, down by the highway side, So my old evil spirit can catch a Greyhound bus and ride." Yes please.


Give it a try friends and let me know how it goes!! I promise, it is a LOT of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You played :) Btw, #12 and #18 - <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my list:
    Song #1: "If You Could Be Anywhere" - Tom Felton
    Song #2: "Ooh La La" - Goldfrapp
    Song #3: "Dog Days Are Over" - Florence + the Machine

    Song #4: "Gold Guns Girls" - Metric
    Song #5: "Closer" - Kings of Leon
    Song #6: "Not Afraid" - Eminem
    Song #7: "Crawl" - Kings of Leon
    Song #8: "Straight Up & Down" - The Brian Jonestown Massacre

    Song #9: "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" - Jay Z
    Song #10: "Ride A White Horse" - Goldfrapp
    Song #11: "All I Need" - Tom Felton
    Song #12: "Twilight Galaxy" - Metric
    Song #13: "Possibility" - Lykke Li
    Song #14: "Strict Machine" - Goldfrapp
    Song #15: "Somebody To Love" - Leighton Meester

    Song #16: "Little Bit" - Lykke Li
    Song #17: "Stadium Love" - Metric
    Song #18: "Gimme Sympathy" - Metric

    Yep. THIS is how my list turned out. Haha. :D

    ReplyDelete