Friday, May 7, 2010

Bloody Summer

I suppose it's only fitting that my last summer as a single girl should be filled with the Vampires I love the most. While I will do my best to get some sun - there are SO many bloody reasons to stay pale this year!!!

Eclipse
Let's all stop pretending that we haven't been waiting for this movie since the end of  New Moon back in November. We're not fooling anyone. And now FINALLY a director (Bill Condon) and release date (11.18.11) have been set for Breaking Dawn. I'm sure I'm not the only one just a little excited about this. However - back to June. New promo photos are making their way across the web and they are doing nothing to make me less excited. Just saying.

Moonlight
The CW has announced that it will be airing the now defunct Moonlight (staring hottie Alex O'Loughlin and the gorgeous Underworld beauty Sophia Myles) alongside repeats of their Best New Drama - The Vampire Diaries (see below). This amazing vampire show missed its built in fandom by a couple of months. I would love to see how this fantastically written and acted show would fare in today's Vampire loving culture.  I hope that those who didn't watch it the first time around take advantage and set their Tivos. This is one that should not be missed the 2nd time around.

The Vampire Diaries
If ever there was an excuse to not watch this show ("I hate to start in the middle.") you've lost it. The CW will be replaying the entire first season over the summer and I for one cannot wait to watch from the beginning (not gonna lie - I pretty much do this every time it rains more than 2 hours). Make a date, set the DVR, what ever you need to do - just do not miss a second of the best new show on TV this year. I hate to make promises but I PROMISE you will love this.

True Blood
I'm not even sure where to start with this one. The season is too short (13 episodes compared to the network 22). I've read the books but I always love to guess what or whom the show will follow. And follow or not, HBO and Alan Ball have managed to create a show that is shocking, scary and sexy as hell. Get it. Find it. Watch it. This show is to DIE for.

Angel
This one goes without saying. If you have never watched just wait until it rotates through. TNT shows 2 episodes every day. Of all the vampire shows I love to watch again and again - this one is my very favorite. Make the time for this show. Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer) shows off why he is such a genius with this one. Take a chance. Live it. Learn it. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment