Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wildfire - Series Review


There are a lot of television series that I really want to see and catch up on but am having a hard time finding for free. And, if I can find them for free, I have to watch them on my computer, not on my big screen TV. So, because of my cheap and lazy nature, I have been watching series I find on Netflix streaming. One that they recommended to me was Wildfire which aired on ABC Family from 2005-2008.

I have to admit, I first thought this series was RIDICULOUS! Some of the acting is so bad. Some of the situations are just absurd! But for some reason I just could not tear my eyes away. And now that I have finished all 4 seasons I'd recommend it to just about anyone looking to fill some free time. (I don't want to spoil but anyone who wants to know what I thought was ridiculous is free to contact me).

This little show has so much heart. I love family drama. I am addicted to love triangles. And I cannot step away from anything where I get to see horses on a daily basis.

Truth is, these people get into some pretty serious situations. And chosing a guy for Kris (played by Genevieve Cortese Padalecki) was as hard for me as it was for her. The guys are nothing to scoff at. It would be a difficult choice for anyone. And you never can tell which way it will go. The girl has chemistry with everyone! I found myself looking forward to my husband going to bed (he was completely intolerant of my obsession with this show) just so I could turn it on and find out what trouble she would find and who she would kiss!

I also loved seeing the family drama unfold. I have seen this sort of bad kid brought to the good side sort of thing before on The O.C. I love that on Wildfire they did some different things that I didn't expect, some things that made the whole story very interesting. And moving.

If you are looking for something super serious and groundbreaking this is probably not for you. However, if you are looking for some quick fun, sweet love and eye candy, this might be just the thing. If you decide to watch please come back and leave comments!! If you have seen it already, let me know what you thought! And tell me: Did Kris end up with the right guy? Check it out and have a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment