Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Texas Forever


Now that I have seen it all, I’m not quite sure why I put off watching Friday Night Lights for so long. I think seeing a lot of the tweets from Carina MacKenzie from Zap2It (@cadlymack) and Julie Plec from The Vampire Diaries (@julieplec) made me afraid to make the kind of emotional commitment that this show requires. This fear was realized as I watched and cried at least a thousand times. However, I would never take back a single tear. I guess what I am trying to say is: If you're waiting, WATCH NOW!

I tweeted series regular Stacey Oristano who plays Mindy Collette-Riggins (@staceyoristano) about the show and she expressed to me how much she loved her character and how much she already missed her role and the show. She’s not the only one.

Watching this show has actually changed my life. Watching Tami with Eric has changed the way I want my marriage to be. Their kindness and love and compromise is what I strive for. Even the way that they fight is so realistic and yet so brilliant. Watching them both with Julie has changed how I hope to raise my future children. Being a part of these characters’ lives has changed how I see my past and how I see my future. The beauty of a simple life and the magic of a dream that could come true. The strength it takes to believe in yourself and the effort that goes into just trying to make something, anything, happen. 

Please stay tuned for more FNL goodness. I am looking forward to an interview with Carina about FNL as one of her very favorite shows and I will be doing weekly recaps as NBC airs the 5th and final season starting on April 15th. Also, keep your eyes on StaticBlog. George Lang has been writing up some amazing FNL essays. 

No regrets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment