Wednesday, July 29, 2009

And Then There Were 6

SYTYCD Recap:
Only one more week after this. I can't believe how fast it's gone. The guys' opening routine was very entertaining. The judges all praised Evan's performance but he did not seem as strong to me as the other 2. Jeanine and Ade's samba was wicked hot and a much better start than we got last week. I thought Mary was a bit harsh but what do I know about the steps? For the 2nd week in a row, I was very impressed with Kayla's solo. She is a stunning dancer. Evan and Melissa were cute in their Broadway routing but for me, it was nothing to write home about. I LOVED Ade's solo but I can't figure out if it's because the solo was good or if it was because he danced it to a great song by one of my favorite bands (18th Floor Balcony by Blue October). Brandon and Kayla had by far my favorite dance of the first half. It was really beautiful. Melissa's solo was nice but I wasn't screaming about it. Jeanine and Ade's hip-hop was a lot of fun and they seemed to be together through the whole thing. Brandon's solo was excellent and OMG so is his body. Wow. However, it would not have hurt my feelings if he would have worn pants. The quickstep is one of my least favorite styles of dancing they do on this show but Melissa and Evan's wasn't the worst I've seen. Jeanine had my 2nd favorite solo of the night (after Kayla). She is such a power house! On the other hand, I am about ready for Evan to go home. He just has not been one of my favorites throughout the entire season. Kayla and Brandon's disco was amazing. They were so in sync and it was so fast. And Nigel's reaction was hilarious! The 2 of them had both of my favorite dances of the night. The girls' superhero dance was awesome and again I thought it was more entertaining than the guys. Who's going home? I think it's time for Evan to hit the road and although Melissa is a beautiful dancer, it might be the end of the ride for her tonight as well. Only 3 episodes left!


Twilight News = Victoria Recast:
There were reports all over the internet yesterday that Summit Entertainment had decided to recast the role of bad girl vamp Victoria for the 3rd Twilight movie, Eclipse, due out next summer. According to reports the recast was made due to scheduling conflicts with Rachelle Lefevre who plays Victoria in the first 2 Twilight films. EW.com has Rachelle's reaction to the recast (it's not good) which you can read here: http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/07/29/twilight-rachelle-lefevre-stunned-by-summits-recast-of-victoria-for-eclipse/. In the 3rd installment Victoria will be played by Bryce Dallas Howard from Terminator Salvation. While the news is upsetting, you have to appreciate the speed at which Summit is cranking out the movies. Hopefully Howard can live up to the great standard set by Lefevre.

Blood Ties Season 1 = The Jury is In:
I finished watching Blood Ties season 1 on DVD this morning and as promised I have notes. The series is about female PI/former cop, Victoria Nelson, who finds herself investigating the supernatural side of crime. She is assisted by 500 year old vampire Henry Fitzroy, the bastard son of Henry the VIII, and her former cop partner and love interest Mike Celluci. The love triangle created by the trio has good chemistry but not a whole lot of physical substance. Despite the fact that there were times where the dialogue was laughable and the acting even worse, I couldn't stop watching. It's not as laugh out loud funny as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the love story isn't as compelling as that in Moonlight and while the vampire (played by Kyle Schmid) is quite hot, he's not in the same vicinity as the beautiful Angel (played by David Boreanaz). And still, I was very entertained. The second and final season is due to be released on October 6th and I am excited to see how it all ends. While it's not a bad purchase, I do recommend trying it out first on Netflix if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment