Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Releases

Who's Watching the Watchmen?:
The 2 disc director's cut of The Watchmen is out on DVD today. I saw this movie in the theater and was quite shocked at it's darkness and violence. About the only thing I knew about it before sitting down in front of the big screen was that it was based on a much loved graphic novel about a group of super heroes. To me, the characters aren't very hero like but that doesn't mean it's not worth seeing. It's actually a very interesting twist on the genre. The special features don't look like they're all that special but I'm curious to see what the extra 14 minutes is all about.


Twenties Girl: A Novel:
My favorite girlie author, Sophie Kinsella (The Shopaholic series) has a new book out today called Twenties Girl. Which is perfect since I'm not going to be one of those for very much longer. This one is about a normal twenty something girl who is haunted by her great aunt. As far as I know this is the first time Ms. Kinsella has come even close to writing about paranormal activities so this should be interesting. And, if it's anything like her previous works, it will also be hilarious!

Video Xtra:
Transformers is old news by now but during the whirlwind promotional tour I caught Megan Fox on Jimmy Kimmel Live and it was hilarious! One of the best things I've ever accidentally watched so I had to share (there are 2 parts):




No comments:

Post a Comment