Tuesday, July 14, 2009

BFF = Greatness

New Book, Yay!!:
One of my favorite authors has a new book out today. Jennifer Weiner has written some of the most lasting impressions I will ever experience as a reader. Most will know her work from the movie In Her Shoes, staring Cameron Diaz and my favorite, Toni Collette. The other high point for me was Good in Bed and the follow up, Certain Girls. This woman knows women. I am very much looking forward to her point of view on friends in her latest Best Friends Forever. Her insight on sisters and women in general has been right on in the past so I trust her judgement. I hope you will too. I promise, you will not be disappointed.



It's Potter Time: I do not get to see HBP at midnight tonight. I'm wicked jealous of everyone who does. I have been waiting for this movie for more than a year. And I'm a reader. I KNOW these books forwards and backwards and forwards again. I'm dying to see how the movie lives up. So - spoilers are not welcome here - not just yet. I will have my full review Thursday morning. All Hail King Potter!


On TV Tomorrow:
Ellen Degeneres has a GREAT repeat tomorrow with Robert Pattinson. If you did not catch this the first time around last fall I highly recommend watching it now. If you do not have Tivo or any patience to wait for it to re-air tomorrow, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3bOSCvrIUQ

Stuck in My Head #1:
I have a couple of friends who happen to think I have good taste in music. I think they are silly and I like what I like but since it's a slow news day you get to hear what's stuck in my head. Due to a recent personal loss my music choices are a bit melancholy but amazing in their meaning. Great music either way. Enjoy!:


Stuck Song #2:
This song is also great. A good tune to keep in mind any time things seem to be getting the better of you. Feel good about the way you need to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment