Thursday, July 23, 2009

California Here We Come - I Wish

What I Am Crying About Missing at Comic-Con Today:
TV Guide.com has a great breakdown of all of this weekend's fun going on in San Diego which you can see here: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Comic-2009-Schedule-1008352.aspx
This list is just perfect for rubbing my face in all the geeky loveliness that I am missing. Here are my must sees for the day had you jerks sent your checks:
Dexter: Michael C. Hall, Julie Benz, Jennifer Carpenter, John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, Clyde Phillips, Melissa Rosenberg and executive producers hold a Q&A session and give a first look at clips from the new season.
The Twilight Saga: New Moon: Surprise members of the cast answer questions and debut never-before-seen footage from the second film in the series.
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: The California Browncoats host a screening of the original three acts, to be followed immediately by Commentary! The Musical.

Stay tuned tomorrow for a new list of what I am missing.

SYTYCD - Top 8:
What a roller coaster last night was. A really really slow starting roller coaster. Well, that's not entirely true. The opening number was great and I was super stoked to see Travis back behind the choreographer's wheel for the 2nd week in a row. And Ellen Degeneres was hysterical talking about the lights on the costumes. I could actually picture them all tripping over Christmas tree light cords. Could have done without Mary and Nigel's bickering there at the beginning. I wanted to slap them both on Ellen's behalf. I was with Nigel on Brandon and Jeanine's waltz though - it very nearly put me to sleep. And I had a nap. I usually roll my eyes at the Broadway numbers but Jason and Kayla were my favorite of the first half. I must say though, I didn't LOVE any of them. As for the 2nd half? I don't know jack about the rumba but Evan and Janette's dance felt like it was happening in slow motion..... under water. Yawn. And then POW! Brandon and Jeanine's hip hop was so fun. Finally something exciting to watch! Followed by that incredibly emotional contemporary routine from Melissa and Ade. The judges reactions had me in tears. It was very moving. I also loved Jason and Kayla's zombie hip hop. Between her solo and both of her partner dances, I was really impressed with Kayla last night. I think her and Jeanine are my favorites over all. I have no thoughts on the bottom dancers. We'll just have to see what happens tonight.

New Exciting Trailer!:
My undying love and devotion to Tivo causes me to miss most commercials (thank God) but I accidentally caught the new movie trailer for The Time Traveler's Wife today and I am now so excited to see it. I absolutely loved the book and really hope the movie doesn't disappoint. The casting looks to be spot on which is a huge relief since the characters are so complex. The movie is scheduled to be released August 14th.



Happy Birthday Harry!:
Daniel Radcliffe turns the big 2-0 today. And, other than the fantastic Harry Potter movies, the best thing he's ever done (in my opinion) was HBO's show Extras with Ricky Gervais. Absolutely hilarious. Enjoy for the birthday boy:



Happy Birthday Cordelia!:
The beautiful, former San Diego Charger cheerleader and Buffy and Angel cast member, Charisma Carpenter turns 39 today! And just to make all of us feel bad, that means she convincingly played a 23 year old at the age of 32. If only we were all so lucky. Check out one of my favorite Cordy moments below:




SYTYCD Xtra:
In honor of tonight's 100th episode I thought I'd do a quick poll of everyone's favorite dance over the last couple of years. Please check your fave at the top right and I'll post a video of the winner in tomorrow's blog. If your end all be all isn't on the list let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment