Friday, July 24, 2009

Centennial Sensation

SYTYCD Results - Happy 100th Episode!:
The opening number was amazing. A Chorus Line was one of my favorite movies growing up and watching that routine made me want to log on to Amazon and buy it immediately. The montage gave me chills quite a few times. It was nice to see for a 2nd time a lot of the moments I loved the first time around. Of course I could do without ever seeing that Sex person again, but the rest was awesome. It was great to see the Hummingbird dance again too. I saw it live on the tour that year but had forgotten how beautiful it was. And then there was Heidi and Travis' flower dance which is one of my top 3 of all time. Very powerful! Best moment of the night though? Getting to re-watch that group dance with Wade Robson and the SYTYCD alumni was phenomenal! To be honest, I'm not sure the current top 8 could have pulled it off nearly as well. The Katie Holmes piece was fun and I have to admit, Joey Potter has talent! Then it was down to business. At this point in the season, I'm beyond being shocked or upset. Everyone left is very talented and the choices just keep getting tougher. I will miss Janette though. Despite her terrible haircut, she was quite the firecracker. I had called Jason going home weeks ago so no big surprise there. Next week should be very interesting.

What I Am Crying About Missing at Comic-Con Today - v.2:
Today is my big day! The day I REALLY didn't want to miss so I'll be looking all weekend for photos and information. Joss and David in the same public forum and I can't be there. Grrr Argh!
The Big Bang Theory: Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar join with executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady for a special screening and Q&A.
Bones: Showrunner Hart Hanson and stars David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel discuss what's in store for Booth and Brennan.
Dollhouse: Creator Joss Whedon and star/producer Eliza Dushku participate in a Q&A about what's in store for Season 2. Post presentation, Whedon will provide info and answer questions about his upcoming Dark Horse Comics projects.

Hard-Hearted Hannah - True Blood new on Sunday!:
I can't believe we are already half way through the season. It'll be over before we know it and then I'll be sad - at least until my fall shows start up in mid-September. This week Sookie is heading into the belly of the beast a.k.a. The Fellowship of the Sun. I'm somewhat curious as to where she thinks Jason has been this whole time and whether or not she'll run into him during her undercover mission. I hope this part of the show is at least half as exciting as it was in the book. I couldn't put it down! On a side note, Happy Birthday to Ms. Sookie herself! Anna Paquin turns 27 today!

It Must Be Bunnies!
The Comic-Con event I am the very saddest about missing this year is the screening of the Buffy Musical, Once More With Feeling. I have seen this episode a dozen times but I can only imagine what it sounds like in a convention hall with hundreds of fans singing along. So, to make up for it, I will be blaring the soundtrack in my living room and singing along at the top of my lungs. Anyone in the area on Sunday is more than welcome to join me! In case you don't remember the words, you can find the lyrics here: http://www.soulwax.co.uk/buffy/OnceMoreWithFeeling.html#wttf

And The Winner Is!:
The dance most of you wanted to see again was Katee & Joshua's No Air routine. Enjoy!:

No comments:

Post a Comment